process `dig' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:14:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

Mark Andrews explained this a while ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dns.bind/browse_thread/thread/b0949bbe36c17260/6b777202adb1a210?#6b777202adb1a210

Basically, you can safely ignore the message, it's caused by an
inconsistency between the kernel headers your distro ships and the
actual kernel (i.e. the headers define SO_BSDCOMPAT, but attempting to
use it raises the warning you are seeing).

Stefan.