Reverse dns des not reach my IP

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 17:45:57 UTC 2007

Hi Matthias,

Can you explain further on this?
I.e. what the ISP will have to put in their zone file and what the OP
would have to put in his zone file?
Also would it have to still be an "in-addr.arpa" zone, or could, for
example, the OP put a PTR record in his "mydomain.com" forward-zone?

Can you give an example of what's needed on both sides?

I'm interested in doing this as I'm also in the same situation, I own
84.45.66.158 and 84.45.66.159 for one of my machines (and a few others
with different providers), which I asked them to set up a PTR record on
their DNS servers back in August last year when my contract with them
went live.  It hasn't changed yet, but it would be nice to know that if
I had to change it I could do myself.

Thanks!

Andy.