regarding www.yahoo.com (akamai) TTL values

Vishwas ivishwas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:31:07 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, John Wobus <jw354 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2007, at 6:35 AM, Vishwas wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > My understanding is that TTL values for all entries specified in a
> > zone are equal to the TTL value specified in the SOA section of that
> > zone.
>
> I think the problem is with your understanding.
> Each and every record in the DNS has its own individual TTL.

!
Does this mean WWW.yahoo.com and MAIL.yahoo.com entries from zone file
zone-yahoo-com can have different TTL values even if we are querying
the authoritative DNS directly?

with due respect,
Vishwas.

--
Best Regards,
Vishwas.

A writer needs three things, experience, observation and imagination,
any two of which, at times any one of which, can supply the lack of
the others.  --  William Faulkner