Problem PTR entry ip got spam list

Ian Manners ian at os2site.com
Tue Aug 21 10:46:56 UTC 2007

Hi Satish

>             I have working on ISP and i have public pool and i have
>configured it on my DNS now thing is that when i give public
>ip to my client and some time NAT that ip for he/she private
>LAN now some time client use mail service and SMTP service so
>that ip address get in spam list or blocklist i dont know my
>my IP address get in spamlist i have put PTR also so is there
>any senerio for special entry for mail IP in DNS or is there
>any requirement for symetric PTR entry with A recode

Depending on what and who had the IP (range) previously,
also depends on the BlackList the IP (range) is on, depends
on what you need to do.

As long as you have a PTR entry, and the IP is setup correctly
as/to an MX in your records (we cant tell as you havent given us
any info), you will need to contact the RBL(s) your IP(s) are appearing
in and request removal.

If you are not the ISP, you will need to contact your ISP to
request then to contact the relevant RBL(s).

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.os2site.com/

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again; it was probably worth it.