Permission denied & Network is unreachable errors

Pascal Hambourg pascal.mail at plouf.fr.eu.org
Fri Aug 24 13:27:36 UTC 2007

Keef a écrit :

>>Named tried and failed to query a nameserver at 2001:dc7::1, which is an IPv6
>>global address. Does your box have a global IPv6 connectivity, which is required
>>to communicate with such an address ? It's usually allright if it doesn't, named
>>will eventually query the next nameserver with an IPv4 address in the list.
>
> Yep, box should be IPv6 connected :-
>
> tiny:~# ifconfig | grep inet6
>           inet6 addr: fe80::208:c7ff:fe72:9cd7/64 Scope:Link
>           inet6 addr: fe80::260:8ff:fe0b:e97/64 Scope:Link
>           inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

I do not see any global IPv6 address (2000::/3 range), only link local
addresses (fe80::/10 range). Besides, configuring a global IPv6 address
is not enough ; you also need global IPv6 routing through either native
IPv6 connectivity from your ISP, tunnelling from a tunnel broker or 6to4
encapsulation.

>>In both cases you may find the "offending" records by digging into named cache
>>dump if it's fresh enough.
>
> OK, I'll Google for cache dump; thanks for the suggestions.

See the command 'dumpdb' in man ndc (BIND 8) or man rndc (BIND 9).