From RHEL to CentOS BIND 9

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Dec 5 19:55:36 UTC 2007

> > looks like selinux to me.
>
> Correct, just getting a little confused here. I turned it off, don't really
> need it. Back to trying to figure out why I'm still getting;
>
> //
> Dec  5 13:27:53 ns1 named[1789]: dumping master file: tmp-sR5ej2BMG9: open:
> permission denied
> Dec  5 13:27:53 ns1 named[1789]: transfer of 'xxx.com/IN' from xx.xx.xx.31#53
> :
> failed while receiving responses: permission denied
> \\
>
> Mike

	Your BASIC file permissions are WRONG.

	The user "named" does not have write permission on
	<chrootpath>/var/named.  This is the working directory you
	told named (directory "/var/named";) to use and it is the
	starting point for any relative file name in named.conf.
	"xxx.com" is a relative file name as is "tmp-sR5ej2BMG9".
	Named opens it temporary files in the directory that it
	going to rename the file to ("xxx.com" in this case).  This
	allows named to atomically replace master files using
	"rename(2)".

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC