Providing off site DNS backup

x_bind-users_x at nospam.pz.podzone.net x_bind-users_x at nospam.pz.podzone.net
Fri Feb 9 15:00:32 UTC 2007

> > I'd like to
> > investigate housing a third slave server off site. I just wondered what
> > others are doing for this?

> I am running a fallback DNS server on a VPS rented from vpslink.com.
> There is also rollernet.us who will play slave DNS for you for free
> while configuring your zones via a web interface.

My prefence is also to rent a VPS for slave DNS (albeit not with
vpslink), especially if you already already running the master.

For hobby sites there's http://ns2exchange.com/ , I set up an IRC
channel along the same theme although it's pretty vacant at the
moment! ;) irc.freenode.net#freedns </plug>