Strange: My Bind (8.4.6) freezes randomly : Sysklogd?

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Thu Jan 11 12:01:55 UTC 2007

  Latest news.

  Maybe it's a bug between **** bind and sysklog **** ?

  I noticed that:

- If I stop sysklogd, bind doesnt (*) freezes.
   I can also send SIGWITH to named, and it doesn't freeze.

- If I configure bind to log as "default { null; }", bind doesnt' freezes.

- If I set bind to log as "file /var/log/named.log", bind doesn't freezes.
   I can also send SIGWITH to named, it logs all the queries,
   and it doesn't freeze.

- If I configure bind to log using syslog, I start named, send the
SIGWICH signal, and it freezes 5-10-30-60 seconds later. ALWAYS.

(*) doesnt freezes = I tested it for 3 hours, with no problems.

sysklogd version (Debian Sarge -stable- up to date):
ii  sysklogd          1.4.1-17          System Logging Daemon

  Any idea?

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas