rrset-order and caching servers

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:34:48 UTC 2007

Upgraded to 9.4.1-P1 and finally got the rrset-order working.
However, I do have an issue, but I think it's simply the way
that DNS function.

My DNS servers will provide records (for instance, A or SRV)
in a fixed order as designed.  That's good.  But I notice that
other DNS servers will receive the records, cache them and
start providing round robin results to their clients.  That's not
good, since it obviously reverses our plan.

Am I correct in assuming there's not going to be a method to
get around this?  Obviously beyond setting up all devices with
our DNS servers specifically, which may work in this case, but
it is not a scalable solution.

Thanks,
Scott