Statistics query

Andrew Charles Andrew.Charles at t-mobile.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 18:39:21 UTC 2007

HI All,
I'm new to using the Bind  DNS. I'm currently trying to monitor
statistics from our servers.  Can anyone tell me what the maximum values
of the below statistical counters are:-

success	The number of successful queries made to the server or zone. A
successful query is defined as query which returns a NOERROR response
with at least one answer RR.
referral	The number of queries which resulted in referral
nxrrset	The number of queries which resulted in NOERROR responses with
no data.
nxdomain	The number of queries which resulted in NXDOMAIN
failure	The number of queries which resulted in a failure response other
than those above.
recursion	The number of queries which caused the server to perform
recursion in order to find the final answer.

Thanks in advance
Andy Charles

	 <<mailto:andrew.charles>@T-Mobile.co.uk>

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:
This email (including attachments) is confidential.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your system without copying or disseminating it or
placing any reliance upon its contents.  We cannot accept liability for any
breaches of confidence arising through use of email.  Any opinions expressed
 in this email (including attachments) are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect our opinions.  We will not accept responsibility for
any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business.
We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of such information.