Question About SLAVE DNS and named.conf

Lucien GENTIS lucien.gentis at lorraine.iufm.fr
Tue May 29 13:52:10 UTC 2007

Cekke a écrit :
> Hello
> I've got Three DNS. Actually i create the .dns file on DNS1 and update
> named.conf.
> On Dns2 and Dns3 i only update the named.conf(and they go on Dns1 (master)
> to take the file)
> Question : it's possible to find a Way to update only Dns1?
> Dns2 and Dns3 must be (every time) update in named.conf or there's a way to
> auto-update?
> tank you very much

Hello,

This works for me:

Add these two lines in file named.conf on each slave:

allow-notify {<IP address of master>;};
notify no;

So, every time you modify zone file on master, and restart
master bind daemon, slaves are automatically notified and updated.

What do bind experts think of this solution ?

Lucien

--
Lucien GENTIS
IUFM de Lorraine