BIND/DLZ/MYSQL

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 08:16:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 06:22:21PM -0700, edgar payaslyan wrote:
> Hello people. Does anyone have instructions on how to setup BIND and run it
> with DLZ/MYSQL. I'm currently running it on FC3 which I set up a few years
> ago and now have upgraded to RedHat Enterprise 5 and they supposedly only
> support BIND by itself. I am having a hard time getting this to run although
> I've been spending 3-4hours a day on  http://bind-dlz.sourceforge.net.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

RH Enterprise linux 5 BIND doesn't have DLZ feature compiled in. You
have to download bind >= 9.4 from ISC and compile it yourself or use src.rpm
9.5.0a6 from http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/ (this package has
DLZ compiled in) If you need help with configuration I think
http://bind-dlz.sourceforge.net/mysql_example.html is your best
friend.

Adam

--