New server build

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Oct 4 16:05:48 UTC 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 7:30 AM, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> In addition to what Jeremy suggests, I suggest using Adam Tkac's (of
> this list) Bind 9.4-P1 rpms (http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/) in
> place of CentOS's.

As Stephen Smoogen pointed out to me recently, you should be aware
that doing this puts the responsibility entirely on you to maintain
your BIND version. If you use the stock CentOS (actually Red Hat)
version of BIND, "yum update" will keep you up-to-date with the
latest bug fixes as implemented by Red Hat.

Note that I'm not advocating either path, just pointing out the issue.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice