problem after upgrading bind.

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Oct 9 15:54:40 UTC 2007

On 9 Oct 2007, at 16:12, mark evans wrote:

> The only error i see logged about this domain is the expired
> message, which
> i get when i start the server.  I tried renaming the zone file and and
> forcing the transfer but the zone file was not created on the slave.
>
> we also are not seeing any errors logged on the master.

	From what you've explained --

	  Zone transfer from master works manually using dig;
	  Zone transfer from maser doesn't work automatically using named;
	  Zone trnsfer request from named seems not to reach the master.

	Something is different between the request you generate manually
	and the one which named generates.

	Did you run dig on the same system where the slave named is running?
	What does your favorite packet-capture utility (tcpdump, for example)
	tell you?

	/Niall