NS will not update

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Wed Apr 9 16:56:37 UTC 2008

It sounds to me like the notifies aren't reaching server A at all.
What server is listed in the SOA record's first data field, the master
server name? Notifies will not be sent to that server.

If that's not it, put a packet sniffer (e.g. wireshark) on the slave
and see where it's sending notifies. If it's sending notifies to the
slave (server A), put a sniffer on that server to see if they're
reaching it.

Also, check your logging settings on each server. The default logging
statement, if none is specified, should log incoming notifies on the
slave, whether they are accepted or rejected.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice