DDNS

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Wed Apr 9 20:16:47 UTC 2008

Charlie B wrote:
> I have configured dns and dhcp, ddns looks to be working successfully
> however I have noticed that dns is not writing the records to the zone file
> until a restart.  Is this normal or how best would I discover the problem
> behind this issue

As Chris as said, it's normal to have the data stored in the .jnl file
associated with the zone and not flushed back to the zone file itself.

You can force a flush (at the expense of possibly dropped updates) using
"rndc freeze <zone>" followed by "rndc thaw <zone>"

AlanC
--
Alan Clegg
ISC Training and Support