Updating Dns srv records via linux client?

St3v3_EvEtS szornes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:22:47 UTC 2008

The question::
Is there a software, for my wireless linux device, that will
update(write) a dns server record with the everchanging ip address of
the device?

Explanation::
I have a wired network. I have a wireless network. The only thing
common between them is a dns server.

The wireless linux device pulls an ip on its own and has no screen.
The wired workstation must be able to find the wireless device by ip.
Having the wireless linux device update the dns server's records is
the only way i see.

Again The question::
Is there a software, for this wireless linux device, that will
update(write) a dns server's records with the everchanging ip address
of the device?

Thank you