Updating Dns srv records via linux client?

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Sun Apr 20 02:49:03 UTC 2008

Is the device getting its address via dhcp? Can an address be
reserved for the device, based on a MAC address, so that it always
gets the same address? If not, then dns records can be updated using
dynamic dns, as per RFC 2136, and implemented using nsupdate.
Obviously, allowing updates to your DNS records can be dangerous;
make sure to implement TSIG to authenticate the updates.