dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Dec 23 02:30:12 UTC 2008

At Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:13:10 -0800,
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> And can someone please state affirmatively that the patches to acl.c
> and iptable.c do the right thing, with or without the patch to the port?

This patch completely fixed the hole in my test environment.  With
this patch you don't need the ARCH=x86_64 trick.  I'm also pretty sure
there's no bad side effect with this patch.  So, basically, there's no
reason not to apply this patch anyway.

Alternatively, you may just want to wait until 9.5.1 ships, which will
be released within a few days.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.