Question about running Pri Masters on VMWare

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 6 22:36:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, ListAcct wrote:

> Mark,
>
> It works just like a physical server (like a charm).  I run our

maybe for a single DNS, but it certainly is not suitable to replace
everything (despite what their sales personell try to BS you), think of
mail servers with spam/anti virus that do real workloads, radius and
netflow collectors, and mysql? you want to risk THAT on vmware, bad, very
bad, unless of course its not a critical service and you can afford to
have it screwedup and corrputed, I'd never use it again, for even DNS.

--
Cheers
Res