odd output from dig

Timothy Holtzen tah at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Feb 13 22:47:12 UTC 2008

Sorry for the confusion.  Querying against the A root server as you
suggest is indeed how I updated my root.hints file.  However what I'm
trying to figure out is what is going on with my system and why it is
returning a truncated response.  My understanding is my system should
give me the same response that I get from the root servers after it has
been running a while and has a chance to grab the latest records from
the root servers.