IXFR-From-Differences

Traynham.Ken at epamail.epa.gov Traynham.Ken at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Feb 27 16:15:15 UTC 2008

Our BIND 9 master also acts as a slave for two Active Directory dynamic
zones.  The dynamic zones are received as IXFR, but the other
non-dynamic zone files are downloaded periodically from a central
server.  When the static files are downloaded, BIND is restarted to
cause it to load the new zone files.  In this situation, it doesn't seem
to me that ixfr-from-differneces would allow incremental transfers of
the static zones.  Assuming this is correct, could ixfr-from-differences
be used if rndc were used to reload the static files instead of
restarting BIND?

Thanks,
Ken Traynham