Bind 9.4.2 not resolving external names but seemingly only on linux

Jeffrey Collyer jwc3f at virginia.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:49:33 UTC 2008

Chris,
	Thanks for the insight.  Recursion is definitely the issue.

	However I do not have any config directives in the named.conf
restricting recursion and the config files are identical (according to
diff) between the Solaris 8 machine and the Linux box.  The Solaris 8
box seems to be ignoring the new no-recursion default, while the Linux
box is picking it up.
	By adding an explicit allow-recursion statement to each config I was
able to get the behavior the same across both machines.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Collyer
Hostmaster/CMS Admin