Bind Crashing on Domain Transfer

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Wed Jan 30 21:25:36 UTC 2008

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> Can you specify the version of BIND and the identity of the operating
> system?  It's also very helpful if you could provide other details
> about your configuration, including the content of named.conf, how
> named was built (with or without threads especially), whether or not
> it ran on multiple processors (if named enabled threads).  Also, if
> named dumped a core file, it would be very helpful to see the stack
> trace.

This is bind 9.4.2 compiled from source on a Fedora 8 box. I've also
tried the bind that comes with Fedora 8 (bind-9.5.0-22.b1.fc8).

The build options were:

./configure --disable-openssl-version-check

So whatever the default threading option is, was used. This is
running on a dual core, dual CPU system.

Bind was installed in /usr/local/ and I can't find any "core" files
anywhere in that path. Would it have dumped a core somewhere else?
Wait... maybe I did find it... /var/named/core*? What information,
or how can I get this core file to you?

The strange this is that this occurs with TWO totally different
versions. One customer compiled by me, and one that comes from Redhat.

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253