DNS exploit code is in the wild

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 01:22:41 UTC 2008

Thanks Jeremy,
I have downloaded the file  bind-9.5.0-P1.tar.gz and do configure && make && make install.

Installation was successful. However, when I query the version of bind, it shows:

[root at ns1-rproxy bind-9.5.0-P1]# /usr/local/named/sbin/named -v
BIND 9.2.3

I restart named (/etc/init.d/named restart) but still not yet updated. I have do also rndc reload as well but still the old version.

Is there a way I can verify that the new bind is already running?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Nelson