Security Patches for 8.x versions?

Stacey Jonathan Marshall Stacey.Marshall at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 25 16:47:37 UTC 2008

Cherney John-CJC030 wrote:
> Are there security patches available for BIND 8.x? I remember that a
> while ago ISC stated that it wasn't doing any new development on BIND 8.
> Does that also apply to security patches?
>
> Thanks,
> jwc

BIND 8 was EOL'ed back in August last year:
http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/bind8-eol.php

At that time I believe it was thought that security patches would be
made available. However this latest issue really isn't that simple to
fix in BIND 8.  It would require a major re-write of the underlying
transport and transaction functions which is what BIND 9 provides already.

So no BIND 8 fixes.  Migrate to BIND 9..

Stacey

PS.  Paul - I'm Still waiting for my T-shirt.