Deligating reverse zones.

James Ashton jashton at esnet.com
Fri Jul 25 17:44:10 UTC 2008

Hello all,
 Below I have a zone file set up on a Bind9.3 service for reverse for one of our /24s
I am trying to delegate all queries for the xxx.xxx.134.0/25 subnet to the name servers for domain2.net.

This doesn't seem to be working. When I quesry the domain2.net servers directly, they answer authoritivly
for the reverse zone, but when I query my own servers I get nothing. I don't get forwarded or any proxied
answer. I assume that something is misconfigured, But this matches all examples I can dig up, granted that
isnt a very large number...

Any thoughts?

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 3600       ; 1 hour
134.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa        IN SOA  ns1.domain.com. root.blah.com. (
                                2008072504 ; serial
                                7200       ; refresh (2 hours)
                                3600       ; retry (1 hour)
                                604800     ; expire (1 week)
                                3600       ; minimum (1 hour)
                                )
$TTL 43200      ; 12 hours
                        NS      ns1.domain.com.
                        NS      ns2.domain.com.
                        NS      ns3.domain.com.
                        NS      ns4.domain.com.
$ORIGIN 134.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa.
0-25                    NS      rtns1.domain2.net.
                        NS      rtns2.domain2.net.
131                     PTR     test.domain.com.

James P. Ashton