Deligating reverse zones.

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:02:38 UTC 2008

You can not "delegate" a reverse zone smaller than /24, because there is no
way to break the zone across an octet boundry.
In your case if you talk to your nameserver you are getting the version of
the 134.x.x.in-addr.arpa zone, and if you talk to the domain2.net servers
you get their version.
Your nameserver won't follow delegations or forwarding for a zone it loads.

Instead you must use the classless in-addr method that uses CNAMEs to
"delegate" a portion of a /24 to another location.

There is an explanation at this site.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/Setting_up_DNS_in_Small_Subnets

--
-Ben Croswell