ISC statement about BIND9's recent -P1 releases

Jukka Pakkanen jukka.pakkanen at qnet.fi
Thu Jul 31 17:31:20 UTC 2008

Unfortunately both 9.5.0-P1 and 9.5.1b1 usually just stops responding, the
service itself is still on.

We are running IPSentry with DNS add-on, to test a real DNS response, and
have it restart the service if no response. But for some reason the restart
randomly fails as well. And we have to manually stop and start the service
after it died.