ISC statement about BIND9's recent -P1 releases

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Thu Jul 31 19:18:24 UTC 2008

Ben Croswell wrote:
> I am not saying burn ISC at the stake by any stretch of the imagination, but
> I think your comment about people not dying if a nameserver is down is a
> little understating things.  Perhaps in your DNS environment servers
> crashing and being unable to resolve is not a big deal, but I bet a lot of
> the folks here who run DNS for large organizations would beg to differ.
I think that DNS redundancy is something that people might have put on
the back burner in the past.

Perhaps this exercise, along with bringing up some issues with staying
current will also get people to reconsider how important DNS is and how
they should re-structure their network to provide redundancy.

Perhaps.

AlanC