DDNS - Question of best practices.

Luis Fernando Lacayo lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Wed Jun 4 13:45:13 UTC 2008

Hello all,

First let me state that I am pretty new to DDNS and I am looking for a
best practice of implementing DDNS.

I have a pretty large network, and I am looking to enable DDNS at all
the schools as well as the central office of the Chicago Public School
system.

The following scenario best describes my network right now.

I have:

1 master DNS server
3 slave DNS servers

The schools use 2 of the the slaves and the central office use the
master and the other slave. Right now all the slaves are updated by the
single master.

My plan is to implement a HIDDEN master, which will update the other 4.

This is where I am a little unsure.

Should the DHCP server update the hidden master via DDNS or should I
update the other 4 directly.

Thanks,

Luis
--