fedora core 9 bind problem

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jun 26 00:19:25 UTC 2008

	Named has *alway* required a writeable working directory.
	This was explicitly pointed out in earlier versions of
	manuals, etc.  The working directory is the default write
	location for lots of files, in addition it is the default
	on most OS's for core dumps.  Failure to provide this will
	may cause some operations to fail.  It may also make it
	more difficult to diagnose fatal problems which cause named
	to exit.

	If the defaults presented by the OS don't meet the applications
	needs then the defaults are wrong and should be corrected.
	"defaults" here covers both the file system and the contents
	of named.conf.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC