DNS Cache Snooping?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Jun 26 14:03:54 UTC 2008

I opened the RHEL BIND GUI exactly once and decided command line would
be much better.

While RHEL does have GUI tools for administration so do the major UNIX
variants.  This does NOT mean that qualified administrators use them to
the exclusion of the command line.

In fact I'd think it is more likely that the average RHEL administrator
is more likely to be a professional UNIX admin (because RHEL cost money)
and is therefore more likely to disdain use of GUI for all but the most
mundane tasks.  GUIs generally slow things down and don't allow as
granular control as command line once you know what you are doing.

I for one would be really upset if RHEL overwrote supposedly default
configurations as I noted in my Sun patch to st.conf email yesterday.