DNS Cache Snooping?

Paul Vixie Paul_Vixie at isc.org
Thu Jun 26 14:30:27 UTC 2008

> I for one would be really upset if RHEL overwrote supposedly default
> configurations as I noted in my Sun patch to st.conf email yesterday.

can you offer some guideance here, then, for ISC and for RH?  the default
ACL for allow-query was *wrong* and had to be fixed for the good of the
internet.  we did this with a lot of soul searching and some fanfare.  we
put it into a new major release, since we knew it was an incompatibility.
and, since it was a new major release, we also put other things into it,
including some things that RHEL users might benefit from.

how should RH and ISC cause these new features to reach these customers?