configure: error: BIND 9 libraries must be installed

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Tue Mar 11 14:52:18 UTC 2008

On 05-Mar-2008, at 15:58 , alassane.diallo at gmail.com wrote:

> I am rty to install dnsperf in my spak solaris 9 but anu time I try to
> run the software I am having error. see below  - please help
>
> # ./configure
> [...]
> configure: error: BIND 9 libraries must be installed
>
> i have installed libgcc-3.3-sol9-sparc-local.gz but still I am having
> the same issue.
> please help

libgcc won't contain the BIND 9 libraries.  You'll need to install
them to proceed.  Whatever packaging system your OS uses might allow
you to just install the libraries (usually a packaged named something
like "bind-devel"), but you may need to install the full BIND
application to get what you need.