Unavailable Domains?

Barry Dean B.Dean at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:21:54 UTC 2008

Thanks for this. All working now.

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 01:01 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <1226654628.8420.23.camel at pcbvd.liv.ac.uk>, "Dean, Barry" writes:
> 	There is a firewall sitting in front of the servers for
> 	bjmu.edu.cn that is blocking traffic from port 53.

	I think that there was, somewhere out there, blocking source port 53.

> 	Now your nameserver is most probably configured to use
> 	port 53 for out going queries.  You should remove that
> 	configuration setting and also ensure you are running
> 	a named version that randomises the source port of the
> 	UDP queries.

	I have, and I am. This was my mistake from an incorrect understanding
of the "query-source" directive. I must have thought that the "port 53"
bit was mandatory, but clearly I was having one of my senior moments.

	It all makes a lot more sense now...

--
Barry Dean
Networks Team