Just to make sure I have TTL's understood.

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Nov 26 07:15:34 UTC 2008

Based on your suggestions, I have made a template zone file to base
all new zones on, do you agree with this?

* When I need to change to a low TTL for migration needs, what would
be the approach to that with this template format?

$TTL 1D
@       IN      SOA     ns1.hostwizard.com. scott.hostwizard.com. (
                 200810011       ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
                 8H              ; refresh
                 2H              ; retry
                 4W              ; expire
                 1H )            ; minimum