x64 Windows build

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sun Nov 23 03:18:13 UTC 2008

Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows Vista x64 and would like to set up an x64 build of BIND
> Perhaps partly misplaced, but I seem to have a hard time collecting all
> the required tools to build the x64 build,
> Perhaps the open source community isn't there yet to build x64 Windows
> builds, but to mee it seems that if a *nix x64 build is available for
> quite a while, a x64 Windows build should be possible.
> I already have mingw64, but that is obviously not enough.

I haven't built on 64 bit hardware. We currently use VS 2005 to build on
32-bit hardware for this and there is no reason in principle why it
wouldn't build on win64. I haven't heard of anyone building with ming.

I have no idea what you think you need in the way of tools. You should
only need Perl and the compiler. Did you read win32-build.txt in the
win32utils directory?

Danny