BIND 9.5.0-P2 DNS issue

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Nov 27 00:51:08 UTC 2008

At Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:31:05 +0200,
Daniel Dawalibi <daniel.dawalibi at idm.net.lb> wrote:

> We are using Solaris SunOS 5.9 with BIND 9.3.2-P2 that is running properly.
> When we tried to install the other versions of BIND such BIND 9.5.0-P2 and BIND 9.4.2-P1, we faced a lot of resolving problems with "Server Failed" message.

9.4.2-P1 and 9.5.0-P2 both have their own reasons that could cause
more server failures than 9.3.2-P2, but we cannot be sure without
knowing other details.

Please try 9.4.3 (let's forget 9.5 for now unless you really need
features specific to 9.5).  If you still have the same problem with
9.4.3, please report it again.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.