More specific reverse DNS?

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:44:25 UTC 2008

If you load the parent of a domain authoritatively and then try to do a zone
forward for a child of that domain, it will only work if there are NS
records in the parent.
The reason being the nameserver sees that it loads and is authoritative for
10.x, and feels there is no reason to follow the forward because the child
doesn't exist.
Simple solution is to put NS records to the domains you intend to forward in
the db.10 domain.

--
-Ben Croswell

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Marc Haber
<mh+bind-users at zugschlus.de<mh%2Bbind-users at zugschlus.de>