BIND Based Appliances.

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Oct 3 17:45:11 UTC 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Linux Addict wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com>
> wrote:
>> If you're a Linux Addict why not just buy a couple of x86 servers and
>> install Linux with BIND on top of it?
>>

> Thanks everyone. Please keep them coming.
>
> Jeff, Unfortunately only I am Linuxaddict, not my users. I have
> currently
> couple of hosts running Bind on each data center. I am having
> difficulty
> finding right GUI  for my users, auditing, version control, and so on.
> Please contribute something meaningfully.

If you're looking more for a management solution than an appliance,
Men & Mice Suite can provide that. It installs easily onto your
existing Linux (or other) DNS servers and offers:

- user accounts, with permissions
- auditing
- and much more

If you're interested, please contact me off-list.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice