Not in control of our DNS

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 01:36:55 UTC 2008

I've had this problem before when using Network Solutions as the registrant
a couple different times. I had to get them to manually push the glue
records up to the root servers. The root servers don't get the IP addresses
from your machines, they get it from the registrant. If you have already
changed the IP addresses  via the registrant GUI but the root servers aren't
picking up the change, call them and open a ticket. If you haven't updated
the information with the registrant, root has no idea that there are new IP
addresses. Start there.
If you aren't sure who the registrant is, do a whois search (via command
line "whois domain.com" on linux based systems or via web at
http://www.internic.net/whois.html). Keep in mind that the registrants will
want to talk to someone listed in the whois database. If that isn't you,
find who that is and ask them to make the call....or figure out how to fake
like you are them really well...I mean get the paperwork together to gain
legit access to the account.

--
Google for President
YouTube for VP