zone transfer stopped and Bind stopped responding

Chris Henderson henders254 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:27:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:
> log on the slave and query the master. tcpdump the communication on the
> master too. Check both TCP and UDP communication.

here's what I am getting from sniffing both the slave and master at
the same time:

from the slave I can see:

slave -> master DNS C port=55480

slave -> master DNS C port=55480
slave -> master DNS C port=55480
slave -> master DNS C port=55480
slave -> master DNS C port=55480
slave -> master DNS C port=55480

from the master I can see:

slave -> master       DNS C domain.com. Internet SOA ?
master -> slave DNS R domain.com. Internet SOA
slave -> master       DNS C port=55571
slave -> master       DNS C port=55571
slave -> master       DNS C port=55571
slave -> master       DNS C port=55571
slave -> master       DNS C port=55571

And in the slave's log I can that "timed-out" error.

I don't have any firewall. Besides, I can ping, traceroute, ssh to and
from the master and slave without a problem.

Thanks for any further help.