Cant get bind 9.5.0-P2 to compile under cc or gcc

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Fri Sep 5 19:38:02 UTC 2008

In article <g9recp$1kan$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
Stone, Mark S. <Mark.Stone at ibx.com> wrote:
>Jeremy,
>Thanks for the fast response. I have corrected the path issue to ar. As
>you pointed out, it was located in /usr/ccs/bin/ar. I made this change
>with no success. I think you were looking too far up in the log file.
>Once I changed the variable in configure, the ar error stopped, but I
>still never get a .out file.
>Thank you for your help. I'll look around for more issues. You also have
>the latest log file in my last email. I tried to compile with gcc,
>forte, & finally studio 12.

Am I correct in understanding that you modified the configure script to
use '/usr/ccs/bin/ar' instead of 'ar'?  Change it back and then change
your path to include '/usr/ccs/bin'.  For configure to work, it will
need to be able to find several other programs in '/usr/ccs/bin'. I have
built bind on Solaris with no problems, but my path includes '/usr/ccs/bin'.

--
Tom Schulz
schulz at adi.com