Regexp to match RR's

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Apr 8 22:21:45 UTC 2009

True, input validation should be done as early as possible, in fact, I'd
say it's best to validate the data before it's even assembled into a
form that I would even call a "Resource Record". The Resource Records
should probably be an (sanity-checked and validated) extract of some
other sort of input source, which might include non-DNS data as well,
such as contact information, asset tracking, etc.

I'm not a big fan of allowing users to enter Resource Records verbatim.
Most users aren't that sophisticated, or, if they are, they can do their
nsupdates directly, if they have been given access to the relevant TSIG
key (how's that for a False Dilemma argument :-)

                                                - Kevin