DR bind

Sandy Mackenzie sandy at masterclyde.ca
Wed Apr 22 19:13:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone see any issues with the following scenario?

DNS1 primary
DNS2 secondary

In the event we lose the site where DNS1 exists permanently.

Can we simply convert the DNS2 configuration file to a become a primary for the zones it was set to be a secondary for, to ensure the zones do not become stale?

I am trying to think of some implications.

--

Sandy Mackenzie

The contents of this e-mail message and all attachments are intended for
the confidential use of the addressee and where addressed to our client
are the subject of solicitor and client privilege. Any retention,
review, reproduction, distribution or disclosure other than by the
addressee is prohibited. Please notify us immediately if we have
transmitted this message to you in error. Thank you.