IPV6 Bind doubt

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Apr 23 23:18:18 UTC 2009

At Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:34:23 +0100,
Nuno Ribeiro <nribeiro82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to clarify my doubt based in your comments:
> Bind will be configured to listen IPv4 and IPv6 queries. When receiving a
> query via IPv6 it can forward only via IPv4?
> I was considering to forward the query to another recursive server using the
> forwarders option.

If I understand the above correctly, it should be pretty easy:

- configure listen-on and listen-on-v6 appropriately (note that the
  default of listen-on-v6 is "none")
- specify the IPv4 address of the external recursive server:
  forwarders { 192.0.2.1; };
  and you may also want to specify this
  forward only;
  to make very sure that the server won't fall back to the normal
  recursive mode (with IPv6 transport)

But since this is probably too trivial, I'm afraid I may misunderstand
the requirement...

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.