How many available compile options are on bind-9.4.3-P3

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Aug 4 03:22:22 UTC 2009

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0908031747410.10122 at clouded.leopard.net>, "David M. D
owdle" writes:
> So, as he originally asked, how do you find out what the feature MEANS?
>
> --enable-getifaddrs    Enable the use of getifaddrs() [yes|no].
>
> All the documentation I could find on it for bind was a 2006 'fixed bug in
> linux with getifaddrs'. So what's the advantage and disadvantage of this
> 'feature'. IE what features does this feature do?

These days it does little.  CHANGES references to getifaddrs.

2342.   [func]          Use getifaddrs() if available under Linux. [RT #17224]

2160.   [bug]           libisc wasn't handling NULL ifa_addr pointers returned
                        from getifaddrs(). [RT #16708]

1751.   [bug]           --enable-getifaddrs failed under linux. [RT #12867]

1626.   [bug]           --enable-getifaddrs was broken. [RT#11259]

1454.   [port]          Use getifaddrs() if available for interface scanning.
                        --disable-getifaddrs to override.  Glibc currently
                        has a getifaddrs() that does not support IPv6.
                        Use --enable-getifaddrs=glibc to force the use of
                        this version under linux machines.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC