Building bind with GEO backend on Windows for Server 2008

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Aug 6 12:03:05 UTC 2009

You want to keep the costs low but are using a paid OS (Windows) over a
free one (CentOS/Linux)?

If the PC runs Windows chances are it will run CentOS or some other
Linux distro.  There is no cost as you simply reload the system with the
new OS.

BIND is ported to Windows if you must go that route.

Also there may be a port of BIND for Cygwin which would allow you to run
BIND in a Linux type of environment under Windows.