attach-cache sample

Dmitry Rybin kirgudu at corbina.net
Fri Aug 14 06:30:02 UTC 2009

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:

>> Have anybody test option attach-cache? There is no documentation about
>> it. :(
>
> Have you read the ARM?  It may not be sufficient (while I personally
> believe it's quite extensive), but at least there *is* documentation.

OK, Please explain what configuration parameter mismatch:

view "world" {
   zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
     type master;
     file "localhost.rev";
   };

   [other zones]
};

view "view0" {
   attach-cache "world";
   [zones]
};

named.log
Aug 14 10:14:24 kananga named-7[37361]: 14-Aug-2009 10:14:24.625
general: error: views world and view0 can't share the cache due to
configuration parameter mismatch

There is no specific parameter in views configuration as:
check-names, cleaning-interval, dnssec-accept-expired,
dnssec-validation, max-cache-ttl, max-ncache-ttl, max-cache-size, and
zero-no-soa-ttl. Only identical zones with different zone files.